- ABOUT BUNCH SAFFRON :
Bunch saffron is basically saffron threads that include both stigma and style. they have a beautiful Red and Yellow shade. 75% of bulk saffron is red while the other 25% is white and yellow. This Type of Saffron displays a whole thread of saffron. Its color is less than negin, pushal and sargol, but it is the most common type of saffron for trading amongst farmers.
Laboratory Analysis :
Crocine: compound that give colour to saffon and used as indicator of its quality.The higher the number is: more colour, flavor and aroma will bring to your dishes and higher health benefits for your body. A high level also indicates the date of the harvest: last crop hold higher values as saffron qualities diminish significantly after 2 years of its harvest.
Picocrocine: compound responsible of the bitter taste.
Safranal: compound responsible for the aroma, is an effective anticonvulsant and antidepressive and shows high antioxidant activity (citotoxicity against cancer cells).
Humidity: Moisture decreases the flavor, the aroma and the shelf-life.
Flower waste: floral waste consists of the parts of the saffron flower which contain none of saffron’s properties.